Elverson Borough is a beautiful town with many old buildings that show a significance to the town in different ways. In the 1800’s, Elverson was known as a small town called Springfield. It was later named Blue Rock after discovering peculiar rocks not far from there. It remained largely rural until the installation of railroad tracks in 1870. By 1883, the towns population more than doubled. Then in 1899, the settlement was named Elverson after James Elverson, the owner of The Philadelphia Inquirer, who later donated a stained glass window to a church there (wikipedia).