Elverson Photoshoot

 

Elverson was founded in the late 18th century that spawned a successful town that continues to this day. It became more urban than rural with the arrival of the Northern Railroad in 1870. The town was named after James Elverson, the owner of the Philadelphia Inquirer in 1899, and also donated a stain glass window to the church there. The borough of Elverson was founded in 1911 when the land was annexed by the West Nantmeal Township.

The town later annexed more land in 1957 to the current size it is today. The Wilmington and Northern Railroad line, which was later put into the Reading line was removed in 1983. The Historic district of the city was incorporated into the national register of historic places in 1993. As of today the population of the small town has a population of 1311 as of 2016.

Our trip started on a crisp thursday afternoon the van arrived a little later than expected but still on time. We entered the van and arrived in Elverson at around 1:20 and ventured out into the town. There were pictures of architecture, macros, portraits, and some landscapes. The deli in received some business from the photographers with drinks and a burger. The trip rounded out with the return to the school at 2:45 and a successful day of photography.

Written By
More from Owen R

The Man the Myth the Legend

The man the myth the legend, Shane S (12) returns to save...
Read More