Elverson Borough is a beautiful town with many old buildings that show a significance to the town in different ways. In the 1800’s, Elverson was known as a small town called Springfield. It was later named Blue Rock after discovering peculiar rocks not far from there. It remained largely rural until the installation of railroad tracks in 1870. By 1883, the towns population more than doubled. Then in 1899, the settlement was named Elverson after James Elverson, the owner of The Philadelphia Inquirer, who later donated a stained glass window to a church there (wikipedia).
The town holds their historical church made of stone and plaster which is over 100 years old. Student explorers went around the town to find whatever they could photograph, whether historical, a closeup, or a portrait. There is also the famous old Elverson bank which was built in the 1800’s that many of the students visited and walked around. The history of Elverson is a magnificent thing to learn about.
On this particular day, December 21st, the weather was chilly but beautiful. The roads were busy as usual. It was a good day to visit before the frigid wintery mix flew along into eastern Pennsylvania. The town is filled with many nice people, shops and restaurants, it is easy to fall in love with it.